Criminal Records (Clean Slate) Act 2004
Please note that under the Criminal Records (Clean Slate) Act 2004, you may only legally conceal or withhold criminal offences providing the below criteria is met.
1. No convictions within the last 7 years.
2. Never been ordered by a court during a criminal case to be detained in a hospital due to his/her mental condition instead of being sentenced.
3. Never been sentenced to a custodial sentence (e.g. imprisonment, correct training, borstal); not been convicted of a “specified offence” (e.g. sexual offending against children or young people or the mentally impaired) (see interpretation section for a full list).
4. Paid in full any fine, reparation or costs ordered by the court in a criminal case.
5. Never been indefinitely disqualified from driving under section 65 Land Transport Act 1998 or earlier equivalent provision.